Are you new to Partition Manager? If yes you are at the right place.Â With growing hard drive capacity, the need to reasonably split up the space is more important than ever. This easy-to-use partitioning tool is ideal for re-structuring your hard disk for optimal and effective data storage.
One of the great features of Partition Manager is Recovery Media. Have you created your backup Boot CD using your Partition Manager?Â Read on….
Recovery Media is a feature of Partition Manager which can be used as a backup whenever your hard disk is unable to boot. It gives an opportunity to get access to the hard disk for maintenance and recovery purposes. It can be created as a bootable CD, DVD or USB thumb drive, whichever way you want it. In cases like a boot fail, a Recovery Media is quite handy to have to perform functions like:
- Access important data and copy them to a different secure location.
- Perform disk partitioning operations when no OS’ are available.
- Correct unbootable situations using Update MBR,using Boot Correctos (available for Professional and Server versions)
- Fix crashed operating systems.
How to Create the Recovery CD?
1. Download the ISO image-file with a built-in tool for CD/DVD burning by clicking on Help > About > Download Free Update > Choose the Recovery CD and continue from there on.
How do you burn an ISO image of the Recovery CD?
1.Double-click on the .exe file to run the Unpack and Burn Wizard;
2.Choose CD/DVD as the destination page to write directly to a CD/DVD disk.
3.Select the writing device used to burn the the ISO image.
4. Insert a blank CD/DVD into theCD/DVD writer and click Next to start burning.
How to boot from the Recovery CD?
1. Insert the Recovery CD/DVD into the CD/DVD drive.
2. Restart your computer for the Boot Menu to appear.
3. Choose the mode you prefer.
4. Select the utility that you want to apply, such as:
– Rescue Kit – enables to copy, backup and restore separate partitions or entire hard disks then save backups to local, network and USB disks or record them to CD and DVD.
– Simple Restore Wizard – allows restoring hard disks and partitions.
– File Transfer Wizard -allows copying files/folders to another disk or a partition and also recording them to a CD/DVD.
– Boot Corrector – helps to correct the Windows System Registry without loading Windows.
– Network Configurator – starts the Network Configuration Wizard.
This is just one of the many unique and very useful features that Partition Manager offers.
You can get your own copy ofÂ Partition Manager 10 or or upgrade to Partition Manager 10.0 here.
Until Next Time 😉
Peter – Your Partition Manager Guide